A perfect meal to cook in the van
It’s not always easy to cook in the van, but this chickpea stew is no problem at all! All you need is one pot for the rice and one pot for the stew, it won’t be much easier than that!
I’m a big fan of chickpeas, that’s no secret, and this stew with red curry and coconut milk is one of my absolute favorite chickpea recipes.
This recipe is one of the most popular recipes that I’ve created over at Wonder Vegan.
Chickpea stew with red curry and coconut milk
Tasty and Very delicious and easy to make chickpea stew.
- 400 ml coconut milk
- 400 g chickpeas
- 1 pot of basil 10 g of fresh leaves
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 onion
- 2 tbs red curry paste
- 0,5 tbs curry
- 200 g cocktail tomatoes
- the juice from 1/4 lime
- Boil the rice according to the instructions on the package.
- Chop the onion and garlic and fry in oil.
- Add the coconut milk, curry, red curry paste and chickpeas.
- Chop the basil and add to the pot.
- Bring to a boil and let simmer for 5 minutes.
- Taste and add salt.
- Add the tomatoes and lemon juice and simmer for a few minutes until the tomatoes are soft.
- Serve with rice and top with fresh basil.
Have you tried this recipe? Leave a comment and rate the recipe to help others find the right one! I love to see your results on my recipes, so if you post an image on instagram, don’t forget to tag me @jacobandandrea so I can check it out!